- The front door must be kept locked at all times while activities are taking place.
- Any key issued is to be used only by the hirer.
- No other keys may be cut.
- A refundable deposit of £10.00 for the key (to be returned at the end of the hire period) is required.
- The forecourt may be used if spaces are available; parking is not an automatic right of hiring.
There is a Pay and Display car park 100m from the premises, and time limited on street parking nearby.
- Any cars parked on the forecourt must be removed immediately at the end of the hire period.
- The hirer is responsible for public liability and damage to property.
- Church activities will take priority over external hire, if deemed to be necessary.
- Smoking and alcohol are strictly forbidden on the premises.
- Gambling is strictly forbidden on the premises (including raffles and tombolas)
- The time for which the premises are booked will include setting up/clearing up.
- The hire charge will reflect this total time.
- If the hire is for multiple sessions, the dates and times of every individual session must be given in advance.
- If additional sessions are required, they must be booked individually.
- Tables and chairs must be returned to the correct place after use.
- The church does not employ a caretaker; therefore we reserve the right to add a returnable deposit of £25 to ensure the premises are left in a clean condition.
- A cancellation fee of 50% of the hire cost will be charged unless notice is given 7 days in advance, either by phone or email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
Safeguarding IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Folkestone Methodist Church operates a Safeguarding Policy - seeking to create the safest possible space for all premises users, but especially for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
All users of the premises must ensure that lone access is not permitted, nor a key permitted to be obtained by any person who has been convicted of, or given a formal police caution for, sexual offence(s) against a chid or young person. ( This applies whether or not anyone under the age of 18 is present at the time of hiring.)
All premises users are required to have their own Safeguarding Policy and to provide us with a copy so that we can ensure it is of a satisfactory standard, OR indicate a willingness to abide by the terms of our policy - a copy of which can be provided.